Coffee brewed with CoffeeSock organic cotton coffee filters is rich in aromatic oils smooth and rich, with balanced acids, no unpleasant bitterness or bad attitude, no moving parts, no hidden costs, no registration fees, vegan, and gluten free.
CoffeeSock reusable filters make a noticeably superior brew from the first pour. Filters are made from organic cotton and are 25% the cost of paper filters, very durable and may last up to a year or more.
CoffeeSock filters are available for all common brew systems, and perform better than paper, metal and plastic alternatives. Cleanup is quick and easy empty filter of grounds (compost the grounds) rinse and hang to dry. Proudly made in Austin, Texas!
To Fit: 1/2 Gallon (64oz) Mason jar or container of similar size
Included: One Filter (container sold separately)
- Initially, boil new filters in fresh water to clean and shrink for 10 minutes.
- Fit ColdBrew filter over lip of wide mouthed canning jar.
- Add desired amount of coarsely ground coffee.
- We recommend 3 ounces by weight (1 cup dry) per 32 ounce serving.
- Wet (bloom) the dry coffee and let set for 30 seconds, allowing the water to fully penetrate the coffee grounds from the center.
- This is necessary to maximize flow and to avoid dry pockets, and weak brew.
- Add filtered water in batches or very slowly, to fill.
- Close filter by gathering the top of fabric together, wrapping the strap around the gathered neck of the filter, and pass through the attached ring.
- Times vary with volume of brew and ambient temperature.
- Warmer temperatures and shorter brew times yield a brighter and less extracted brew.
- Long cold soaks produce rich and smooth brews.
Brew Time Chart
||12 + hours
After brewing, discard grounds (great for the compost), and thoroughly rinse filter.